Boondhi Laddu

Monday, May 27, 2013

 
 
Laddu has been my favourite from my childhood days. There used to be days when my days started with Laddu and ended with Laddu as well, then you can imagine the kind of sweet tooth I have!!! 
 
 
 
 
 
I wanted to try my hand at my favourite sweet and was glad that it came out so tasty that I gulped 2 or 3 immediately after it was done. heheh!!!
 
 
Steps to follow

  • Take 1.5 cups of Besan flour and sieve it. Add just 1/4 cup of water and mix it slowly with hand to avoid any lumps.       Don't add too much water in the start, it will not help to mix well. After the besan and water has mixed well for 5 minutes add some more water to make it to a dosa batter kind of consistency. Leave it aside for 10 minutes,

  • Take 1/4 cup of water to 1 cup of sugar and wait for it to become a 2 string sugar syrup. Means if you take it between two fingers, it should come out sticky without breaking. Add some cardamon syrup and saffron strands to this.

  • Heat a deep kadai with 3/4 filled up with oil and use the ladle with holes to make boondhis. Pour a ladle of besan flour (from step 1) mix on the holes and fry them till they get cooked and soft, not till it gets crisp.


  • After frying the boondhis, immediately add them to the sugar syrup in step 2. Add some fried cashews and dried grapes.

  • Let it soak until you finish all the boondhis. When all boondhis are done, add some ghee to the mixture, make them into round laddus.

  • Now, delicious laddus are all yours. Enjoy them!!! Let me know how it came out for you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Niru's cuisine Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino